Dan and I spent a lot of time researching cribs on line and even spent a day out looking at them. We had originally thought we wanted a white crib, but we couldn't find any that were in our price range that were high quality. Finally, Dan said Kate lets go get the crib at Costco... we can't beat the price and it is much nicer than many of them out there we were looking at! He was right... but it wasn't white! So, I agreed to go look. We decided we had enough white in our house and the crib was too good of a deal to pass up. So, staying true to the joke that Dan's parents think (we only shop at Costco) we bought the crib and changing table. My dad dropped everything and came with the truck. We loaded it up and headed home. I would love to say it was magical moment... but it was anything from that. People just say some stupid things!! As Dan and I drove home, we had to agree that this will be just one of the many stupid, hurtful things people say and we better start getting thick skin!! This will be a learning process I am sure.
| Thanks to our neighbor Dan for helping carrying the changing table up this thing is a tank! |
Next up painting...

2 comments:
Kate-I'm so excited to see this process for you guys unfold. Thank you for being open about your journey and I pray that people aren't hurtful towards you, that they would be mature and understanding of the situation God has led you to. Hang in there sweetie! You are NOT alone! :)
The crib and changing table are goregous and if it makes you feel any better we did have white and after the wear and tear on it I wish we would have gone with something darker that you did. See you guys are already pro's :) Sorry to hear that is wasn't the way that you had pictured it due to someone else's words. In times like this I do my best to lean into Jesus for the comfort that He is in my heart and knows what I am feeling and that His love for me will comfort the pain. Take care you and the rest of the pictures of the nursery is GREAT!!!
Post a Comment