Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, April 18, 2010

Utah Part 1

Dan and I were lucky to be able to get away for a vacation to Utah. We spent a week in Utah touring and visiting family. My Grandma, Aunt, two uncles and cousins (my moms side) live there. It was fun to be able to show Dan where some of my side of the family lives. Dan had never been to Utah and boy did we have fun going all over the place. We had packed days each and every day!! 

Day One:
Hanging out

Dan and I had to wake up at 3:30am to catch our plane. So by the time we were at my Grandma's we were exhausted! We spent the rest of the day relaxing and catching up. Later that night we went to a great Mexican restaurant and my grandma showed us around town.


View from my Grandma's 

View looking down the mountain from her place

Day Two: 
 Temple Square

We are not Mormon but feel that it is important to learn about other religions so that we can bare better witness. I had already been to the Temple on a previous trip, but thought that Dan would enjoy learning more.  We had the opportunity to visit with two girls who were on their "mission" there. It was an eye opening experience for the both of us. For their privacy, I won't name them. Please join me in praying for these two young ladies that they would see the truth and the truth would set them free.

This is where the Tabernacle Choir sings 



Temple
There are very few times in a Mormons life where they will be allowed in the Temple. One is for weddings if you are given permission by the local bishop. I did hear that only about 30% of Mormons are given the clearance to go into the temple. 


Mormon families come from all over to take their picture in this sacred area

The weather was wonderful and flowers were in full bloom. Around Temple Square there were flower beds full of flowers. Made me excited to get home and start planting. 

I encourage you if you are not familiar with the Mormon teaching to do some research. 

Day Three:
Park City

We didn't take any pictures this day.. I know what were we thinking. Dan and I hope to make it back to this area so we can explore Olympic Park. We might even go for a bobsled race!! 

Next up Moab, UT

1 comment:

Carrie Krupke said...

We will definitely have to catch up soon Kate! Gerard and I visited my sister who lives just north of Salt Lake (her husband is stationed there when state-side) and we went into the organ room you've pictured above. We detoured from our tour to take in an organ recital...he performed one of my jury pieces from college-I could've died because he took it much faster than I'll ever be able to! But really neat to hear. Excited to see the rest of your trip!