Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Saturday, November 7, 2009

Kitchen Makeover

The past few weeks I have really been pushing Dan to work with me on the kitchen and put up a backsplash and new lighting under the cabinets. Our schedules have not allowed it until this weekend. So, why not on a beautiful weekend that we have off tackle the kitchen. This is what I love about my husband. He always goes along with my crazy projects as long as I "act" like I know what I am doing. Act is the key word. I have done some work with mosaics in the past. Thanks to my husband breaking a few wedding gifts. We now have a beautiful table to attribute to that. However, this time he didn't break anything. We picked out the tile and last night after being at church till 7:15pm came home ready to tackle this project. OK, I didn't' know it was going to take as long as it did or imagine a few snags we would encounter, but we trudged on. We were up till 1:30am just doing the first step. See picture below.




the tile was all on the wall ready for grout


Today we tacked the rest of the beast. Thankfully our neighbor who happens to be an electrician stopped by to say hello and helped us out with a few handy ideas to finish up. We got the grout on and wiped off before a bonfire with some neighbors tonight (we had to enjoy some of the beautiful weather). We just finished up cleaning and could not be happier with how it looks... it was a big project but two days later it was worth it! Whats next for tomorrow??




3 comments:

Marianne said...

It looks amazing! Excellent work you guys! I especially love the one picture where you can see it's after 1 a.m. when it's taken. That is some serious dedication. :)

Amy said...

I love it! It really adds something special to your kitchen! (your kitchen was already special, but you know what I'm saying). Love, love, love it! Can't wait to see it in person! Miss you and can't wait to see you soon!

The Warden Family said...

Good work guys! I think it looks great! Really ties in the brown color of the cabinets with the black counter tops! Can't wait to see it in person.