Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, September 28, 2009

Camping get-a-way

This past weekend we were able to get away for a few days.We actually had the same days off!! These days seem to be few are far between so we treasure EVERY minute of them. We only drove about 50 minutes from our house to go camping. We or should I say I was a bit hesitant because on friday the weather during the day had been less than ideal. Raining on and off and gusty winds. However, I knew that this would not slow Dan down. We went and lucky for us I had bought rain suites earlier in the week just in case. However, I didn't really think we would really ever wear them or that they would provide as much protection as they did. Imagine Dan and I setting up camp, as the rain is pouring, the ground is muddier by the second while we were trying to get the tent up without getting it wet. We did manage this and still like each other after camp was all set up!! Just after we had everything set up the heavy rain let up and we were able to make dinner in the dark. Saturday was beautiful. It took a little arm twisting, but Dan and I went to an apple orchard where you can pick your own apples. Both of us had never had the chance to do this and we had a blast!!! Dan thanked me later on for pushing to go. As you can see from the pictures, we had a great time and a beautiful day!!!













Once we got back from the orchard, we went for a hike around the St. Croix river. The leaves were just starting to turn. It was perfect.






















No comments: