Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Dan's Sister Comes to MN

We were so excited that Dan's sister and our nieces were able to come to MN for a few days this summer. We had a good time getting to know our newest niece Lydia and getting know Ella a little better.  

I really enjoyed my time with Jennie. I have not had the chance to really visit with her and get to know her. Ever since Dan and I started dating we have always lived in different states and even different countries, making it hard to really get to know each other. 
I can't wait to be able to spend more time with her this winter!! 

We spent the first day at the zoo. However, if you asked Ella what the zoo was like, she will probably only tell you about rides. We only saw a handful of animals because uncle Dan bought her an unlimited wrist band to ride rides. She took full advantage of it!!! 

Watching animals at Como Zoo

Magic carpet ride


Having fun yet? 
I think she road this ride over 20 times!!

The next day we got a pool for her to keep cool in! It was a hit!! Since then our neighbor kids have enjoyed staying cool in this hot weather with it! 


Future model

After church we had a bonfire and ROASTED marshmallows. Uncle Dan was trying to teach Ella the art of marshmallow roasting... well, Ella had other ideas... 


Before
After
 After our visit they went to South Dakota to see Dan's parents. 
More pictures to come.... 

No comments: