Be still in the presence of the Lord, and wait patiently for him to act.
Psalm 37:7
Psalm 37:7
When Dan and I chose to pursue adoption we knew that it was not an easy road. We new that there would be times when we felt it would never happen and that we were just stuck. The last two weeks have been just that. Waiting. Trying hard to be patient and lean on God.
Patience is not my strong suit. I am a go getter and when I have a goal or plan it is very hard to stop or change my mind. (Do you think God might be using this experience to better me?)
I am sure God is looking down at me today shaking his head saying, patience my child. Don't you trust me and my perfect timing? You know I have your best interest at heart.
I know this to be true, but sometimes it is hard to remind my "getter done" personality of this.
My goal this week is to try to just sit and be joyful that we are even lucky enough to be in a position to adopt and trust that God has a plan and it is far better than one I could ever imagine.
Praying for patience today.
Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer.
Romans 12:12
Romans 12:12

2 comments:
I know how hard it is. Thinking of you today and that sweet baby who is meant to be yours! Let's have coffee soon. :)
Praying with you my friend and please anytime that you want or need to go grab a coffee please give me a ring :)
Post a Comment