Its hard to believe that today my little brother started his freshman year of college. Not only has he moved out and now is considered a "college guy"... my sister will be there with him. How neat is that? Dan and I are excited that we can see them both in one visit and it's less than a days drive!
My little brother and sister have a sweet spot in my heart. I know what many of you are thinking, they are your siblings ... and you are right. I love them dearly just for that reason. But I also love them on a deeper level because of the age difference between us. Jake and I are 9 years apart and Jess and I are 7 years. I won't lie when they were first born and even when I was in high school there were times when I was not ecstatic to be the older sibling, but now things have changed. I adore spending time with them. Learning and seeing what makes them tick. Learning all the "cool" things out there that Dan and I have lost touch with.Along with having the opportunity to give them wisdom from some of the lessons I have learned along the way. They truly are fun people to be with. I wanted to leave them with some advice and wisdom for the up coming year and those that follow.
People are often unreasonable, irrational and self-centered.
Forgive them anyway.
If you are kind, people may accuse you of selfish, ulterior motives.
Be kind anyway.
If you are successful, you will win some unfaithful friends and some genuine enemies.
Succeed anyway.
If you are honest and sincere people may deceive you.
Be honest and sincere anyway.
What you spend years creating, other can destroy over night.
Create anyway.
If you find serenity and happiness, some may be jealous.
Be happy anyway.
The good you do today, will often be forgotten.
Be good anyway.
Give the best you have, and it will never be enough.
Give your best anyway.
In the final analysis, it is between you and God. It was never between you and them anyway.
-Mother Teresa Prayer-
So yes, Jake and Jess I do hope that these are the times of your lives. Stay up late, do crazy fun things that you can only do in college. Have those jobs that pay near to nothing, it will make you appreciate the little things. Make life long friends, learn and never give up on your dreams!! And as Dad used to say to Dustyn and I.... "GET TO CLASS!!!".
Love you guys and am so proud of who you are becoming!!!
Love your big sis.



No comments:
Post a Comment