Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Blessed

Jeremiah 32:40

 And I will make an everlasting covenant with them: I will never stop doing good for them



Yesterday I had a "God thing" happen to me. I have been debating whether or not to change jobs. If any of you are keeping up on the news, MN RN's at 13 hospitals are at a place where a strike could really happen.  These are hard times. However, I really felt that God was pressing me to start looking. I have always had a passion for hospice and really wanted to pursue this (It is such an honor to be part of a person's last days, hours, minutes and seconds of life. To have the ability to help patients and their families deal with death and the dying process is an amazing responsibly and such a privilege). However,  I was told here and there that there were no jobs, I needed more home care experience and what not... it just was not the time. 


Well, two weeks ago I just got this urge that it was time. Time to start looking. Time to start putting myself out there and letting God take me where he wanted. Scary thing to do when there is talk of strikes, cut backs etc. However, I listened. I applied for a few jobs and nothing really seemed to work out. The hours were not there, schedules were not any better.... the company was not a good match. I was feeling a little disappointed and defeated. However, the urge would not go away. I decided Sunday night that I would call this one company in the am. I took my time getting to it Monday. I called and asked if there were any positions. I was told none that she new of but it didn't hurt to email my resume. I did. With in two minutes I had a call back. They wanted me to come in and interview... THAT DAY!!! I agreed and at 3pm my interview started. It was a great interview ( I know who says that??) but really it was. By the end of my interview at 4:15 they offered me the job. Right then and there!! They said they have never done that before. WOW. They want me to start in two weeks!! I will work Mon- Friday, I set my hours and my day schedule and I only have to work every 7th weekend (on call)!!!! I am going to be doing something that I have such a passion for. I am so blessed. Not only is this a great career move. This is also a great thing for Dan and I. We will finally have a schedule. We will have weekends together that we did not due to our schedules. We will have consistency. This is such a huge thing!! I feel truly blessed that I have this job and that it worked out the way it did in this economy. Please pray that all the little details fall into place and that transition goes smoothly!! 


What is God calling you to trust him with today? 




Jeremiah 17: 8-9
 "But blessed are those who trust in the LORD and have made the LORD their hope and confidence.They are like trees planted along a riverbank, with roots that reach deep into the water. Such trees are not bothered by the heat or worried by long months of drought. Their leaves stay green, and they never stop producing fruit.

5 comments:

Carmen said...

Dan & Kate,
sharing your JOY!

Carrie Krupke said...

Oh Kate, What a blessing!!! I can't think of a better job for you than hospice. Getting to know the ladies who did daily care for my grandparents was such a treat and they respected my Grandma & pa in an incredible way. Hospice had just walked in the door on her first day when Grandpa passed (10 mins. later) Her presence kept my aunt and grandma calm, she knew just who to call (she had the numbers memorized) and having her there kept the police out of the situation. (Apparently, when there's a death in the home you have to call police unless hospice is there...?) It was all God's timing and she (I don't even know her name) was wonderful!!

I can totally picture you doing that for a family some day and I know you will impact the Kingdom when hearts are so tender! YOU WILL BE AN INCREDIBLE BLESSING. I'm so proud of you and excited to see what God will do!! :)

My sister will be in town this weekend, so I can't do a long "catching up" kind of phone call, but we simply MUST do it soon!!
Carrie

Warden's said...

So neat to hear the whole story and how it unfolded! Excited for you guys!

Marianne said...

That is amazing news! Congratulations! :)

Jen, Bjorn, Torin, Vaughn, and Bercan said...

Congrats Kate and Dan! I'm so excited for you guys!