I am a person of order.I am becoming more of that annoying person the older I get. I love there to be routine to my everyday life. Even if I say I don't, I need it. One of my daily routines is to listen to KTIS (christian radio station) on my way to work and as I listen I pray. I pray for my day at work, my patients, for safety, for healing. I pray for friends and family, I pray for my marriage. I pray for Dan and I to be Godly examples.I pray for whatever God brings to my heart. While I pray, I also listen to the music and let God speak through it. I wanted to share a song that I heard on the radio that really got me thinking.
Dan and I have been going through the book "The Love Dare" with our small group. It has been challenging at times to say the least and for sure eye opening more often than not. I am finding that I can be ugly inside and that I am selfish with many things in life. Some I do intentional and other not. Either way, it is convicting. This past week we talked about the different types of love we have for our spouse. One that stuck out the most was Love believes the best. The authors talk about two rooms we have in our hearts. The first, The appreciation room. This is the warm fuzzy place we keep thoughts about our spouse. Its the hopeful room. Sadly, we only go there every so often. We often spend a great deal of time there when we are first dating or recently married (AKA: honeymoon period) and then quickly forget about it. However, there is another room that we frequent more often. The Depreciation Room. This is where we store all the frustrating, negative, hurt feelings, along with the disappointment of unmet expectations. Staying in this room kills a marriage. The author then goes on to say "Love knows about the Depreciation Room and does not live in denial that it exists. But love Chooses not to live there. The only time we should go in there is to know how to pray for our spouse. WOW. How many days do I go Depreciation Room just because its easier? I don't only do this for Dan but for other people in my life. I was feeling very convicted about this!!
As I drove to work this song played. How lucky are we that God always choses to go the appreciation room for us. What an amazing God we have that he loves us no matter what.
LOVE NEVER FAILS
BY:BRANDON HEATH
Love is not proud
Love does not boast
Love after all
Matters the most
Love does not run
Love does not hide
Love does not keep
Locked inside
Love is the river that flows through
Love never fails you
Love will sustain
Love will provide
Love will not cease
At the end of time
Love will protect
Love always hopes
Love still believes
When you don’t
Love is the arms that are holding you
Love never fails you
When my heart won’t make a sound
When I can’t turn back around
When the sky is falling down
Nothing is greater than this
Greater than this
Love is right here
Love is alive
Love is the way
The truth the life
Love is the river than flows through
Love is the arms that are holding you
Love is the place you will fly to
Love never fails you
What room will you dwell in today?

1 comment:
Hey Kate, This is Jen Larson...your neighbor :) I loved reading your post and thank you for posting it. It's a good reminder of what room God would want us to be in for our spouse and others. Sometimes we need that gentle reminder of how we should be living our lives so thank you for that. Also, the song that you posted is one of my current favorites...it's so true and hits so close to home for me in the weather of life that I am in. You're a fabulous writer and hope it's a okay that I peaked at your post.
God bless!
Jen
Post a Comment